At the bottom right corner of every web page you will find the 5 objectives of this website:
- Keep the neighborhood informed – by allowing not only residents, but the world to see what issues are important and what new is evolving in River Road. Information posted on riverroadna.org does not indicate an endorsement or approval by the organization.
- Facilitate community input – all posts allow for comments at the bottom, so let us know how you feel.
- Report only facts, not opinions -It is the goal of this website to educate our residents using as many facts from both sides of an issue as possible. Sometimes this is a difficult line to walk. You will likely find 3 types of opinions on this site. First, are those the Board officially issues. Second, are those posted (and noted) for their editorial commentary where a specific person takes responsibility for their own statements. And third, your comments at the bottom of every post where lively debate can occur.
- Provide a public record/archive – it is the long term goal of this website to make all meeting minutes and agendas from the association’s history searchable to all residents.
- As often as possible, make people smile – We often get worked up about things in our little corner of the world, it’s fun to blow off some steam together and laugh at the world around us, if not at ourselves.
- Any personal attacks either in a post or comment will be removed.
- Any statement bringing liability on the neighborhood through defamation (libel or slander) will be removed.
- Anyone who has had a post or article removed can appeal at the next board meeting – please bring an exact copy of your text.
Information posted on the website may or may not have been approved by the RRNA Board. All information on the website is subject to board review and revision. In fact, it’s for everyone’s review and revision – if we’ve got the facts wrong, please let us know as soon as possible.
The River Road Neighborhood Association is classified as a 501(c)(3) by the IRS, and there are certain standards this classification requires us to uphold. http://www.irs.gov/publications/p557/ch03.html