River Road Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting Agenda
19 July 2007 – Lions Field Club House – 7p-8:45p
7:00 Welcome and Introductions including Planning Team ( a separate initiative from RRNA)
7:05 Special Guest Speakers
- Planning & Community Development Department
7:45 Start of regular RRNA Board Meeting
- Review and Approve Minutes of last meeting
7:50 Committee Reports
- river and park care-
- neighborhood annual and special events-
Special Committee Report
- parking garage
8:00 Old Business-
- Via Transit presentation soliciting ideas for improving bus service in our area postponement to August meeting.
- Public Works presentation explaining how homeowners will be effected by new flood line continued postponement until September meeting.
8:05 New Business
- crime wave discussion with safe officer Olivares.
- Consider organizing and participation in National Night Out. NNO is crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW), and is scheduled for Tuesday, August 7, 2007. Tuesday. NNO is designed to send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back. Volunteers from State Representative Mike Villarreal’s District Office are interested in participating in any National Night Out events we have.
- Light The Night Walk benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is scheduled for Saturday, October 27 at Sunken Garden Theater. The walking component of the event would would require Mulberry to be closed from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. They are requesting a letter from RRNA acknowledging the event and road closure.
8:30 Other Business
- Next month’s speaker will be Via Transit
8:45 Adjournment and Room Clean Up