March is an “event-full” month for the RRNA! We hope to see you at the following:
Sunday, March 9, RRNA Annual Membership Meeting, 2 PM, Lions Field (Don’t be late — Daylight Saving Time starts on this date!) SEE MEETING AGENDA BELOW.
Saturday, March 22, Easter Party — Details TBA
Saturday, March 29, Annual River Clean-Up — Details TBA
Be sure to attend the RRNA Annual Membership Meeting on Sunday, March 9 at 2 PM. Items on the agenda include:
- Update on the proposed hike and bike trail and river improvements in our area, including the Avenue A bird sanctuary
- Update on golf course renovations and drainage issues
- Historical District/Neighborhood Conservation District information
- New FEMA maps and importance of purchasing flood insurance
- Election of new board members
We hope to see you there!
Here are the highlights from the monthly RRNA meeting held on February 21, 2008:
- Golf Course Renovation Sub-Committee Formed — A new sub-committee has been formed in order to 1) voice our concerns about the effect of ongoing golf course renovations on drainage in our neighborhood, and 2) protest the Municipal Golf Association-San Antonio’s lack of communication about this issue. The committee plans to meet with District 1 Councilperson Cisneros and to testify at a City Council Meeting, among other actions.
- Annual Meeting Agenda Planned — The RRNA Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 9, 2 PM at Lions Field. SEE SEPARATE MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE AGENDA.
- Important March Dates Set — The RRNA Easter Party will take place on Saturday March 22, and the Annual River Clean-Up on Saturday March 29.
- Car Burglaries Reported at the Bombay Bicycle Club — SAFFE Officer Olivares cautioned neighbors to lock their cars and hide their valuables when parked at the Bombay Bicycle Club on St. Mary’s, particularly between 5-8 PM.