Following are the highlights from our August 21, 2008 River Road Neighborhood Association meeting.Â (All are welcome to attend the 3rd Thursday of every month, 7 PM, Lion’s Field!)
- Neighbors recently met with the Parks Department to lobby for a sidewalk along Mulberry Ave, andÂ were told that it would beÂ built within the next year.Â Neighbors are requested to email District 1 Councilperson Cisneros to stress that the Mulberry sidewalk be a priority (email@example.com).Â Â Also email our SAFFE officer to complain of speeding and other problems along Mulberry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The RRNA’s efforts to monitor the effect of golf course renovations on drainage during major rainfalls have been successful, and the Municipal Golf Association-San Antonio has made some changes to improve drainage as a result.Â The San Antonio River Authority conducted theÂ drainage study, andÂ also plans a follow-up study.
- An ad hoc River Trails Design Subcommittee has been formed in order to create a comprehensive plan for development along the river in our neighborhood that will address the combined issues of flooding, hike and bike trails, vegetation, and the Audubon bird sanctuary.Â This plan will be proposed to theÂ River Oversight Committee.
- The annual RRNA Porch Sale and Fair will take place on October 11-12.Â The National Night Out event on October 7 will double as our pre-event neighborhood party.
- The RRNA has received an $8,000 grant from the Green Spaces Alliance for a Community Garden.Â Preliminary plans for the garden will be distributed soon via email.Â Plans are for a late September kick-off.
- Neighbors are requested to remove garbage and recycling cans from the street promptly after pick-up.