Questions or comments? You can leave them by clicking the number to the left, under the date. It’s easy!
- The RRNA Annual Membership Meeting will take place at Lions Field on Sunday, March 22. The nominating committee for open board positions will be Nell Grover, Mimi Quintanilla, and Bill Sibley.
- Ground will be broken May 1 for the Hike and Bike Trail under Hwy. 281. A six foot wide sidewalk along Mulberry Ave. will be constructed after the Avenue B portion of the trail is completed.
- The San Antonio River Authority has completed a study of drainage on Broadway using computer models. They have concluded that drainage from N. New Braunfels Avenue during a rain event, flowing across Broadway and through the area north of the Witte Museum, will not increase the danger of flooding in the River Road neighborhood.
- Memorial tributes to Jill Smith, our neighbor who died in October 2008, along with her photograph, have been posted on the RRNA website.
- The Parks Department may conduct an archeological study of the area near the RRNA community garden and former acequia, as many artifacts, dating from prehistoric times to the present, were found when preparing land for the garden.
- District 1 Councilperson Cisneros has requested a list of infrastructure improvement needs for our area. The board brainstormed briefly, and came up with better signage, and painting a stop line for easier egress from the neighborhood at St. Mary’s Street. There was consensus that sidewalks were not a priority.
Our next RRNA Meeting is February 19, 7 PM, at Lions Field. All are welcome!