Our May RRNA meeting was low-key, as both our Chair (Richard Reed) and Vice-Chair (Larry Clark) were absent, but here are a few highlights:
- A letter summarizing the April 14 meeting to address drainage issues in our area of the city,* and calling for a moratorium on all projects until issues of River Road neighborhood flooding are addressed, was sent by Reed to the appropriate government officials. [*See April 16 Meeting Highlights on RRNA website.]
- Another house has been demolished in the neighborhood, this time on Trail St. This is another cautionary note that we need to get protections in place for the neighborhood via Historic District or Neighborhood Conservation District status. A committee to explore this possibility has been meeting [NOTE: this process is separate from the RRNA]. Board members volunteered to communicate urgency to Zoning Overlay Committee Chair John Larcade.
- RRNA committee chairs who are not board members are requested to attend the monthly RRNA meeting or send a representative.
- Work on our community garden progresses. Compost has been spread, and water spigots have been installed, thanks to a donation by Councilperson Cisneros. Check it out!
- A neighborhood crime report link has been added to the RRNA website.
- The RRNA is planning a July 4th celebration, organized by Lea Brogan and Diane Briseno. Volunteers welcome!
Our next RRNA meeting is June 18, 7 PM, at Lions Field – all are welcome!